- Alibaba-backed Kneron bags $40m in round led by Horizons Ventures 23/01/2020
The funding bumped up its series A raise to a total of US$73 million.
- Indonesian edtech startup Gredu banks pre-series A money from Vertex 23/01/2020
It will use the fresh funds to further develop its app.
- India’s Bounce raises $105m in series D round led by B Capital, Accel 23/01/2020
It plans to use the new capital to fuel its electric vehicle integration efforts and push for profitability, among others.
- Spacetech startup Astroscale receives $4.5m grant to bring its tech to market 23/01/2020
The Japanese firm will work toward commercializing its space debris removal services over the next three years.
- China’s AI startups close more funding deals but raise less money, report reveals 23/01/2020
The amount raised by Chinese startups accounted for only 11% of total funds raised by AI startups worldwide in 2019, down from 21% the previous year.
- SoftBank makes second hire in India in one month with new country head 23/01/2020
It recently roped in former Google India interim head Vikas Agnihotri as its first operating partner in the country.
- Malaysian cross-border logistics firm Epost bags $700k in seed funding 23/01/2020
It plans to expand its footprint across Southeast Asia, particularly in Indonesia and Thailand.
- Why a merger between Grab and Gojek makes sense 23/01/2020
Does a merger between Grab and Gojek make sense? The short answer is yes. But the more complete answer is, “it depends.”
- Two Chinese-led groups bid for Singapore digibank license 22/01/2020
Zall Smart Commerce Group and Greenland Financial are vying for a digital wholesale bank license in the city-state.
- Ex-Tokopedia exec’s parking app Park+ secures $11m 22/01/2020
Sequoia India and Matrix Partners India led the funding round.
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
- Swiss hospital drones to take off again 23/01/2020
Two crashes prompted an investigation into safety standards, which is now complete.
- Deepfakes: A threat to democracy or just a bit of fun? 23/01/2020
Deepfakes, or computer-generated images of people, can be dangerous for democracy, warn experts.
- Apple says losing Lightning port will create waste 23/01/2020
Some members of the European Parliament want all phone-makers to adopt a universal port.
- Killer plague game tops charts amid coronavirus 23/01/2020
Strategy game Plague Inc has become the bestselling app in China, eight years after its release.
- Amazon battles Microsoft over military cloud 23/01/2020
It wants to pause a contract awarded by the Pentagon to Microsoft until a court rules on its appeal.
- Twitter demands AI company stops 'collecting faces' 23/01/2020
Clearview's database is used by more than 600 world law-enforcement agencies to identify suspects.
- FBI 'persuaded Apple to halt iCloud encryption' 23/01/2020
Apple was reportedly working on the encryption feature two years ago but the FBI objected.
- Tesla overtakes Volkswagen as value hits $100bn 22/01/2020
Tesla sold more than 367,000 cars last year, just a fraction of its competitors.
- Jeff Bezos hack: UN experts demand probe of Saudi crown prince 22/01/2020
The UN experts' call comes amid reports Mohammed bin Salman's phone was used to hack the Amazon boss.
- Deepfake videos: Can you really believe what you see? 22/01/2020
With deepfake technology, it is getting easier to turn yourself into somebody else on screen.
- Newsletter 2019.12 19/12/2019
Season's Greetings! Please take note of the METHOD IT holiday dates, and enjoy some IT news nibbles to see you out of 2019 and into 2020, year of the Metal Rat!
- Newsletter 2018.09 21/09/2018
We're Hiring IT Specialists | 緊急募集！－ ITスペシャリスト • WordPress Web Hosting for Business • DNS Hosting with Cloudflare • Introducing Microsoft Azure • Grow Your Business Efficiently • Do Business Anywhere with Microsoft Solutions • Office 365 Update for September 2018 [video] • New iPhones and Apple Watch Unveiled [video] • Outlook User Experience Update [video] • iOS 12 – The New Features • macOS Mojave Coming Late September • Microsoft Teams is ready to replace Skype for Business • Surface Event Announced for October 2nd
- Microsoft Releases Chromium Edge Browser 16/01/2020
Microsoft released an all-new, cross-platform version of the Edge browser via Windows Update and as a standalone app on January 15, 2020. Why so important? It's been built from the ground up using the same browser engine as Google Chrome.
- NSA Issues Windows 10 Warning 15/01/2020
The US National Security Agency (NSA) issued a rare warning about a vulnerability discovered in Windows 10 at a press conference on January 14, 2020.
- New Microsoft Office Mobile App 17/12/2019
An innovative new Office mobile app is on the way in 2020 for iOS and Android. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are combined into a single app with a simple interface, rethinking the way we make and share Office documents. Check out the teaser video and key features here.
- Introducing Microsoft Teams Phones 16/12/2019
See how the latest phone hardware from Yealink, Crestron, audiocodecs, and others integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Teams.
- Windows 7 Support Ends January 2020 20/11/2019
Windows 7 End of Support (EOS) is scheduled for January 2020. Office 2010 EOS is coming October 2020. Find out what risks this poses for your business and what steps you can take to migrate to Windows 10 and Office 365, transforming the way your team works in the process.
- New 2019 Microsoft Surface Videos 16/10/2019
Microsoft released a set of videos today, offering a more detailed look at the new Surface devices for 2019. Here they are combined into one handy playlist. We’ll keep on adding videos as they appear, so check back here or follow us on YouTube for more! Where to Buy in Japan? METHOD IT is a […]
- Windows 10 Update Warning – Oct ’19 15/10/2019
Windows 10 update KB4517389, released on October 8, 2019, is causing problems with the Start Menu, Search, Edge browser and VMWare for many users.
- macOS Catalina – New Features & Tips 10/10/2019
Apple has officially released macOS Catalina (version 10.15). Here's our pick of the best new features, advice for those who should hold off upgrading, and some handy tips.
- Every New Microsoft Surface Device for 2019-2020 [VIDEO] 04/10/2019
At its annual event on October 2nd, 2019, Microsoft unveiled the latest additions to the Surface family and gave a preview of some exciting new folding, double-screen devices on the way in 2020.
- Urgent Internet Explorer Security Fix Released 25/09/2019
A vulnerability found in the obsolete Internet Explorer browser means simply visiting a website containing malicious code could grant an attacker remote admin access to your PC