Location: Tokyo, Japan
Provides high levels of customer satisfaction. Manages suppliers effectively.
This position negotiates, develops and implements agreements that maximize value and support client initiatives, standardizes materials, services and suppliers.
- Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services based on category of spend supported. Execute the competitive bidding process in accordance with the clients’ Purchasing Policy.
- Understand approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide requestor’s to the appropriate buying channel;
- Understand existing preferred supplier relationships for certain spend categories and help drive spend to these suppliers;
- Provide support to ensure continuous improvement in supplier/company interface.
- Seek innovative solutions for the procurement process, develop action plans and participate in cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
- Meet regularly with internal customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.